COURTESY VISIT TO SELF-REGULATORY ORGANIZATIONS (SROs) AND TRADE ASSOCIATIONS (TAs)
In the spirit of collaboration and cooperation, the Director of SCUML, Mr. Daniel Isei, having the mandate of the new Executive Chairman of the EFCC, paid courtesy visits to the Leadership of the DNFBP SROs. The visits were aimed at seeking partnership and synergy in the fight against money laundering, terrorism financing and proliferation financing amongst the DNFBPs in Nigeria.
During the visits, the Director also used the opportunity to enlighten and sensitize the leadership of the SROs on the AML/CFT obligations, duties and liabilities of their members and need for collaboration.
On their part, the Leadership of the SROs pledged their unalloyed supports for SCUML and by extension, the EFCC in its new drive in the fight against Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing. They also reiterated their commitment to ensure that their members comply with the Nigeria AML/CFT laws and supplementary regulations.
The Director, in a company of some of his senior officers visited the SROs at their respective Corporate Headquarters, in Lagos and Abuja. The following SROs and TAs were:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN)
- Association of Professional Bodies of Nigeria (APBN)
- Nigeria Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (NIESV)
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Real Estate Developers Association of Nigeria (REDAN)
- Lagos State Lottery Board
- Nigeria Network of NNGo
- Spaces for Change
- Association of Casinos Operators of Nigeria (ACON)
- Jewelry Marketers Association of Nigeria (JEMA)
- Precious Metal Gold Processors and Exporters Association of Nigeria (PMGPEAN)
- Nigeria Lottery Operators Forum (NLOF)
- Association of Motor Dealers of Nigeria